PERMITS REQUIRED FOR HURRICANE FLORENCE REPAIR WORK
The Town resumed normal business operations on September 20, 2018. Listed below is information related to permit activity requirements:
- Any emergency building repair permits issued by the Town related to Hurricane Florence will be issued at no cost for those repairs through November 30, 2018.
- Normal renovations, additions, or new construction that are not associated with storm damages will be charged their normal building permit fees.
- Building permits are required for all work subject to NCGS160A-417.
- New Hanover County will have a satellite office at Town Hall to issue storm related plumbing, electrical, and mechanical permits, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., until October 5, 2018.
- Construction/repairs may take place during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. through October 28, 2018 (construction work is normally prohibited on Sundays, but will be allowed through October 28, 2018).
If you have any questions related to permit requirements, please contact the Planning department at (910) 458-2999.