Planning a Visit to Carolina Beach?
As visitors prepare for vacation, it is important to remember that the Coronavirus is not over. There are still State restrictions in effect to protect everyone’s safety that may impact the way you have vacationed in Carolina Beach in the past, including:
- Social distancing guidelines are still in place.
- Gatherings are limited to 10 people or less.
- Getting food from restaurants continues to be on a take-out or delivery basis.
- Businesses, including grocery stores, have limits on the number of people allowed in the store at any given time based on square footage.
- Personal care and grooming businesses as well as entertainment venues without retail or dining are not open yet based on state regulations which are not determined or controlled by our local government.
Also, remember that the CDC recommends not to travel if you are sick or were recently exposed (within 14 days) to COVID-19. Additionally, individuals are encouraged to wear a mask or cloth face covering in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
Before traveling to the Carolina Beach, out of town visitors are encouraged to contact their lodging provider to confirm their reservation and arrival plans.
Like many places in the United States, all shoppers should expect to see changes in product availability at grocery and retail outlets as supply chain demand fluctuates across the nation. If possible, visitors should bring essentials with them, including paper and sanitizing products and non-perishable groceries.
Carolina Beach’s business community has been working hard to adjust to the changes caused by the Coronavirus. There are new policies and staff training that businesses are putting in place right now to protect safety. But we're going to need your help. The coronavirus is going to be out there this summer, but with a sense of personal responsibility and a continuation of practices that have slowed the virus' spread, we can enjoy the open spaces and natural beauty of Carolina Beach.