Did you know that flood insurance is required if your property is in a flood zone? Take a look at this map to find out if you reside in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
Flood insurance is available to homeowners, condo owners, apartment owners, renters and business owners. Typically, there’s a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your policy goes into effect.
- Questions you should ask as a potential purchaser of coastal real estate, (NCREC “Questions and Answers on” Purchasing Coastal Real Estate in North Carolina”).
- To find out more about flood insurance, contact any licensed insurance agent.
- Flood insurance is available to almost everyone.
- Your Homeowners Insurance Does Not Cover Floods ( FEMA “Know Your Risks" brochure).
Learn the essentials to flood insurance, including what it covers, what it protects and who it protects at floodsmart.gov.
- For information regarding the mandatory purchase of flood insurance, contact the Planning Department at (910) 458-2999.
- Being insured is one of your best forms of protection.
- Local Carolina Beach insurance agents can assist with flood insurance questions.