Insure Your Property

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Did you know that flood insurance is required if your property is in a flood zone? Take a look at this map to find out if you reside in a Special Flood Hazard Area.

Flood insurance is available to homeowners, condo owners, apartment owners, renters and business owners. Typically, there’s a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your policy goes into effect.

  • Questions you should ask as a potential purchaser of coastal real estate, (NCREC “Questions and Answers on” Purchasing Coastal Real Estate in North Carolina).
  • To find out more about flood insurance, contact any licensed insurance agent.
  • Flood insurance is available to almost everyone.
  • Your Homeowners Insurance Does Not Cover Floods ( FEMA “Know Your Risks" brochure).
    Learn the essentials to flood insurance, including what it covers, what it protects and who it protects at
  • For information regarding the mandatory purchase of flood insurance, contact the Planning Department at (910) 458-2999.
  • Being insured is one of your best forms of protection.
  • Local Carolina Beach insurance agents can assist with flood insurance questions.