Development Review

Zoning Permits

Zoning Application

A Zoning Application is required for the following:

        -Prior to occupying commercial or multi-family structures     
        -Whenever a business changes owndership
        -When a full or partial change from one business use to another
*Note: a change in use may also require a review by the Planning & Zoning Commission

Home Occupation

A Home Occupation must meet the following requirements:
-The use of the dwelling unit for a home occupation shall be clearly incidental and subordinate to its use for residential purpose by its occupants, and not more than twenty-five (25%) percent of the floor area of a single level of the dwelling unit shall be used in the conduct of the home occupation.
-No home occupation shall be conducted in any accessory building.
-There shall be no change in the outside appearance of the building or premises, or other visible evidence of the conduct of such home occupation.
-No traffic shall be generated by such home occupation in greater volumes than would normally be expected in a residential neighborhood nor shall the type of vehicles exceed those commonly anticipated for residential uses. 
-Any need for parking generated by the conduct of such home occupation shall be restricted to the property boundaries. Parking for clients and occupants shall be provided in accordance with Article 7.
-Only one (1) person other than members of the family residing on the premises shall be engaged in such occupation.
-No equipment or process shall be used in such home occupation, which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes or electrical interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot. In the case of the electrical interference, no equipment or process shall be used which creates visual or audible interference in any radio or television receivers off the premises or causes fluctuations in line voltages off the premises.
-No display of products shall be visible from off-site and the selling of merchandise or the manufacture of merchandise for sale, except baking, sewing, and/or handicrafts normally made in the home is prohibited. 
-Instruction in music, dancing or tutoring of academic subjects shall be limited to four (4) students at a time.
-Home occupations are restricted to residential dwellings and limited to office, off-site services, on-site sales/manufaturing as described in (8) above.

Fence Permit

Fence Permit Applications must be submitted with a site plan that shows the location of the proposed fence. Fence Regulations can be found on pages two and three of the Fence Permit Application.