1) Remove valuables from your vehicles and lock you doors.
2) Park in a well lit area.
3) Keep an eye out for suspicious or unusual activity.
4) Call 911 immediately if you witness a crime or something suspicious.
The number one reason vehicles are broken into in Carolina Beach is because owners fail to lock their doors. After you lock them, check the handles to make sure the are secure.
From the Beach Strand: We advise residents to limit the personal items brought to the beach and only take what you really need. Don't leave your belongings unattended while everyone in your group is enjoying swimming in the ocean.
TIP: Take pictures of your belongings and record the serial numbers. The easiest way to do this is to email yourself pictures and serial numbers in case your items are stolen it will help in the investigation to have serial numbers and photos.
Tips to Help Prevent Golf Cart Theft:
Store your golf cart in securely locked garages or sheds
Install security lights around the commonly used storage location
Keep it covered when not in use
Do not leave it running while unattended
Take detailed photographs of it
Know all of the identifiable information for your golf cart: serial number, make, model
Consider adding an anti-theft device or a theft recovery device
Install and use a unique starter key
Install a hidden kill switch
Install a GPS tracker
When not in operation, use any of the following: Pedal Lock, Steering wheel lock, Wheel boot
Register Your Bicycle with Carolina Beach Police Department
You can register your bicycle by calling us or completing the online form. You will need the following information:
- Bicycle Serial Number
- Bicycle Boys/Girls
- Bicycle Make
- Bicycle Color
- Bicycle Model
Locking and Securing Your Bicycle
- Mark your bicycle. Engraving, tape, paint and other means to personalize your bicycle. Take a photograph of your bicycle and keep it for your records.
- Lock your bicycle to a fixed object such as a bike rack, sturdy sign (if permitted) or tall heavy duty pole. Small trees, aluminum, wooded posts or chain link fences can be easily broken or cut.
- Always secure your bicycle in a visible and well-lit area.
- If the bicycle is being stored in a garage, ensure that the garage is closed when not in use.
- Avoid keeping bicycles outside overnight.
- Once your bicycle is locked, remove any valuable/detachable items from your bike (light, helmets, and odometers).
- A U-lock or U-lock and cable lock combination is recommended when securing your bicycle.
What to do if your bicycle is lost or stolen
- Have your bicycle information ready (make, model, color, serial number, registration number etc.)
- Call the Non-Emergency line 910-452-6120 or come to the Carolina Beach Police Department to file a report if the bike was lost or stolen within Carolina Beach.