A Hurricane Watch is where hurricane conditions are possible within the next 48 hours.
Steps to take when a Hurricane Watch is issued:
- Stay informed of the latest information and updates from TV stations, radio, cell phone apps, etc.
- Review your emergency plans
- Be prepared to evacuate quickly and know your routes and destinations.
- Confirm a location of an emergency shelter.
- Check your emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply, especially medications or other medical supplies. Keep it nearby.
- Fill your car's gas tank, in case an evacuation notice is issued.
- Get cash from bank or ATM
- Bring in anything that can be picked up by the wind, such as bicycles and patio furniture.
Remember, this the time to double check your supplies, your property, and your plans.