Our beaches are known for the soft sand and great surf, and we want all visitors to enjoy their trip to our coast. To keep the shoreline safe and clean, we ask that all residents and visitors observe the rules and ordinances established.
Carolina Beach Municipal Beach Strand Rules
Important Beach Rules to Remember:
- Alcohol and glass containers are prohibited at all times.
- CLICK HERE for rules pertaining to pets on the beach.
- The sand dunes are protected under State and Federal statute. We request that you respect this natural area.
- Driving, overnight camping and open fires are prohibited along the beach strand within the corporate city limits.
- All personal items and beach equipment that are left unattended and remain on the public beach between sunset and sunrise will be classified as abandoned property. Items will be removed and disposed of by the Town. Not removing beach equipment between sunset and sunrise could result in a $40 fine per day.
- Emergency lane of no less than 10 feet should be left open along the dune line.
If you have questions about beach rules in Carolina Beach, please contact Town Hall at (910) 458-2999.