CLICK HERE to view before/after video and photos provided
by Paul Boroznoff at SouthernDigitalArt.com
About the Boardwalk Improvement Project:
This project provided a much needed face lift for the Boardwalk area and greatly enhanced beach access, special needs accommodations, and enjoyment of the dune ecosystem. It encompasses a full slate of public benefits including:
• Replacing the entire existing 750-foot long, 8-foot wide structure with a new 16-foot wide Boardwalk
and all new 10-foot wide handicap accessible public beach accessways.
• Renovating the existing oceanfront stage/viewing area and add roof
• Adding seating areas, swings, benches, covered gazebos ,and sail shades
• Redesigning and enlarge the landscaped coves between the Boardwalk and sidewalk to provide space for public art, historical and environmental educational kiosks, shaded seating and picnic facilities
and open space for music, art and other cultural activities
• The construction of the 2015 Boardwalk Improvement Project was funded in part by grants from New Hanover County, the NC Division of Water Resources, and the NC Division of Coastal Management. In addition, your contributions helped bring this project to completion.