The Island Greenway System is a network of off-street trails, parks and scenic areas linked together with designated bike/pedestrian routes on our existing streets. The routes have been chosen for their safety, beauty and convenience.
Use the map below to plan a fun and safe route for biking, walking, jogging, or whatever you like to do…
Local Bike and Pedestrian Laws
· Bikes are motorized vehicles.
- You must obey all traffic control signals and signs (Just like cars.)
- You must walk your bike in a crosswalk to be considered a pedestrian.
· Bikes must have a light when ridden at night.
· Bikes should not be ridden on sidewalks, except:
- Along Lake Park Blvd
- In the Boardwalk commercial area
· Bikes should not be ridden on the wooden oceanfront boardwalk.
- You may walk your bike on the boardwalk
· Children 15 and under must wear a helmet.
· Pedestrians must obey all traffic control signals.
· Pedestrians must yield to vehicles when in the road except when in a crosswalk.
· Pedestrians must use the sidewalk if one is available.
- If no sidewalk, pedestrians should walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic.
· Pedestrians must cross roads at right angles when possible.